Sunday, December 21, 2008

2 weeks overview in Westin

Hey animals..its been long enough since i last updated this bloggie..Well not only this blog la..i was really tired to update about myself in Langkawi because life has been very exhausting nowadays.. Anyway..i am here!

Working life in Westin Langkawi is as expected..tough! But still, i find it quite difficult to cope with it..i mean, seriously college have bad ppl, but hotel (especially front desk) ppl are EVIL!!

Okay, during my first week of SWE, i was being assigned as the lobby host of the hotel , which i am responsible to welcome arriving guests with a wide smile and a touching heart posture..front desk job isnt easy at all. Basically it is just like the information center whereby we have to know the business product, acquired the information regarding the hotel or even everything pertaining to the information of Langkawi. So as you know la, a newbie of this huge hotel as well as this little island like me couldnt manage to solve problems for the guests. It somehow discouraged me

To add worse to the situation, some of my front desk colleagues are too busy on their own job and hence lack of time to pass me some knowledge about this hotel and they expect you are already an expertise on their operation work. Therefore i have to be observant and acted like an annoying dude who keep asking seniors questions in order to learn a thing or two. Besides that i found out that some of my Malay colleagues have one kind of ego attitude. According to my friends in other department, it is because this front desk team have won a lot of awards and earned a lot of salutation from the guests concerning their capabilities, hence, they don't really give a damn about who the hell are you.

Fortunately, i still able to to meet some nice people who are willing to teach me, providing me some knowledge about the system and also putting trust on me by asking me to check in and update the system.. Also, if the front desk people dont layan me and showing some lan si attitude, i will jumped to the concierge counter and offer assistance to the friendly bell man..They are much more better and friendlier than the front desker, and i am able to receive some attracting tips too ^^

Maybe because 90% of the front desker are female workers and they love to gossip, i found it irritating as they were talking back at particular person all the time. I was scared that i might be the next victim so i am trying my best to keep a distance with them. However, i am still manage to learn something based on my observation.. Seriously never mess with the front desk people because they really know how to talk and how to fake. For your information, the department slogan is "fake it till you make it"

Oh yea did i mentioned that recently my front office manager had just resigned? Departure of a top class female superior had caused some further disciplinary problem.. Sigh

Other than that, everything is alright, other department people are super nice..even they dont know you, they will still sit with you and laugh with you..i dont know why but they are really nice bunch of people..Things are getting better at reception as well, i able to help the guests, solve their problems and gain their compliments and thanks..Satisfied..^^

Now i will let the pictures do some talking on the people and the gorgeous resort.BEAUTIFUL

Cool name tag..aint a trainee



Uncool locker


First ever friend in Langkawi from Taylor..Just left..





A maid like but class Indonesian FO Manager, Just left too..



Hot Associate Only oh


Last but not least, take a look at my awesome hotel resort..The Westin




















Beautiful aint it?:D

Btw, I will still be in charge in front desk until the very next year of 10th Jan. By then i will move to another front office department which is the service express command center. In short, its called operator and bell men..Also, my shift will be 11pm-7am start from next week..and by that time its Christmas and new year period..wish me luck ..

Miss you all and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment