Sunday, December 7, 2008

First 2 days in Langkawi

Time flies really fast, one minute ago i thought that i was still sitting at the exam hall doing my freaking exam, the other minute and i am in Langkawi..Sigh~

Ok, i aint going to talk about the emotional feeling that i had concerning the reluctance to leave my dearest.. Instead, i will write about the first 2 days on going experiences that i experienced in Langkawi.

The 2 days before i headed for Langkawi was tiring, just finish exam, had a lot of outing with friends and lover, didnt get enought rest..(Slept like only 4 hours in 2 days)

Shaun fetched Herald, En & I around 5 ish, reached airport around 6ish. After checked in and a quick breakfast at Mac D, I went on to board.

From Untitled Album

From Untitled Album



Arrived at Langkawi at 925. Went to the taxi counter and purchased ticket to Westin Resort to settle up my accommodation. On the way to the Westin (it takes approximately 30 minutes), the driver was kind enough to provide me some information regarding the shops around in Westin and blah blah blah

From Untitled Album


Also, during the trip to Westin, i had noticed that Pulau Langkawi doesnt really looked like a pulau..Precisely, it is more towards a small little city, something like my hometown way back in Kluang,with quite a number of chinese shops, and lots and lots of Tyre shop..Just check out on the photos

From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album



As soon as i reached the Resort, i was guided to the Human Resource Dept and meet up Ms Ummi, the assistant manager of Human Resource Dept. Ms Ummi for me is a friendly person who don't really exhibit her superiority to us (for now)..She explained to us about our working arrangement, conducted a small tour on the back of the house, issued us our locker key and leaded us to our respective accommodation..

Here comes my accommodation part, okay unlike Diba who has been allocated to an apartment like unit. I was being issued a normal residence like house. House is quite huge, 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, no wardrobe, no aircon, no laundry no gas stove..fair enough i guess, providing that i am living this place free of charge for the next 4 months.. In addition, this place is quite convenient as there are 3 kedai runcit and tons of Malay food stalls nearby my living place..

From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album
From Untitled Album


Interesting part, the next day when i went out to do a little shopping to buy some equipments for cleaning the house as well as some groceries..We went to the respective 3 shops to do a little survey to make a comparison between the prices. The middle and third shops stuff's prices are a little higher compare to the first one. Hence,i went to the first shop, i bought quite a lot..the Chinese auntie was very friendly towards me, showing me some ways to survive, telling me the taxi rates to certain location and giving me some free newspaper to read in case i got bored.. Although i had purchased quite a number in the first shop, Diba & i just couldn't find any mug in the first. So we left our purchased items in the first shop and approached to the middle one and asked the loud talking auntie

me: auntie is there any mug here?

auntie: go straight, 5th 1( as in the 5th rack)

As soon as we got our mugs, ready to pay, the auntie suddenly jumped into the scene

auntie: are you trainee?

me: yea

auntie: live where?

me: duuu there lo (pointing at the residential area)

auntie: isit number 40 ( the house add)

me: hmmmm..YEA it is!

auntie: thats my house, ok no need to buy these things la, waste money only.. i will give you a lot of stuffs dont worry, what you want? i will pack for you and send to your house tomolo..here take these (mugs and plates) first.. no nd to pay ah..no nd to waste money on these

me: (wahlau) thank you ah auntie, and the house pipe seems to have a little problem, its leaking..and the water basin is stucked

auntie: dun worry, i will get the people to fix for u..i will give u a lot of things dun worry..dun go other shop and buy ah, i will give you mugs, plates, detergent, kain..i also will give u tv ah, karaoke ah

me: (really wahlau)LOL

auntie: Its weird huh, if you live at the left hand side residential area you will just go to the first shop and buy all the things, if u live at the other end , u will also just need to go to the third shop to purchase..but y mine?

actually i wanted to tell auntie that yea i live in your residential area house, and yea i did bought a lot from the first shop..just that i couldn't find the damn mug so i only came to your shop..But seeing that auntie was so anticipating my answer with the eager eye look..I lied

me: becuz we got fate ma.wahahahaha

auntie: wahahaha..yea

I seriously have no idea why on earth Westin put me in a house in which the landlord is the owner of a kedai runcit..i dont know why they didnt put me into the same palce with Diba as there are other trainees who live at that apartment as well..Anyway..i dont care also..

All i knw is i got few "complimentary" mugs and plates..and what i care is whats gone be delivered tomolo..wahahaha

Oh yea forgot to mention, this lovely and cute auntie's name is "Auntie Iris"~


Guess i had make a good start at my Langkawi eh?

hehe..

that's all.. will update more..
missing you guys~


ps: Zameel just called me this morning and said that he will be leaving his home and head to his workplace tomolo..all the best bro!!

No comments:

Post a Comment